Saturday, May 21, 2011

What a week!

I made it! A race to the finish but my new TVC will be on air this Sunday. All eyes peeled for 'the lonely boat' ad - a 30 sec Gravox TVC - this Sunday. Voiceover was recorded yesterday morning, colour grading completed by lunchtime, a last minute substantiation letter to CAD - and we were done. Phew!

I can't wait to see this one on the small screen. I am so proud of it. Given the multitude of food ads on TV every day, the challenge was to get cut-through in a cluttered environment. I think the creative is brilliant (not often I am so excited when an agency presents a creative concept) and the music is fantastic. You may not squeal with excitement when you see it like I will, but hopefully you'll notice it!  Now let's just hope it does great things for the sales of Gravox.

So last night, too keyed up to sleep after such a huge day, I visited my favourite Challenge blog - The Lollipop Ladies- and took a look at their latest challenge. The inspiration was a photo of a bowl of fruit salad.

I had been looking for a chance to use my little fox stamp again, and to colour him with my orange copics (I find it difficult to use orange on anything else!) so the rockmelon in the pic inspired me. I love the orange and green combination of the rockmelon and kiwi fruit together, so here's my answer to the challenge -


I added the yellow pearl brads to the flowers to match the banana. An additional component of the challenge was 'round' or 'square' - and as you can see I went square.

I tried something a little different for this card - I coloured my Y04 onto an acrylic block and then used a babywipe to pick up the colour. I then swiped the babywipe across the sentiment, taking it from bright white so a lovely subtle orange. I then coloured the edges with Y04 and Y07, two of the colours used in the fox. I think it adds a bit more to the card than leaving it plain white although I will have to work on drawing straighter lines freehand.

Happy weekend everyone. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bawwww isn't that fox cute!!!! Love your card. Love the green and orange, the layers the flowers and how clever with the baby wipes!
Thank you for playing along with us here at The Lollipop Ladies

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

What an awsome colour job you have done!!!! Such a little cutie he is :)

Thanks for entering this fortnights challenge at the Lollipop Ladies.

Trish - Candy Stripe

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet card!
Thanks for sharing with the Lollipop Ladies :)
Andrea

Mel said...

Oh wow, stunning card, how on earth do you find the time, I love this and thanks for playing with us at THE LOLLIPOP LADIES. Melxx