Friday, January 3, 2014

Finally - A Crafty Christmas Project!

Hello old friends!

I thought I would share with you a crafty project I completed for Christmas. As some of you are aware, my crafty mojo has all but deserted me so this blog has been inactive for quite some time. I can't say it has returned in its entirety, but I was sufficiently motivated to create some little cards for a Twelve Days of Christmas project.

This project was a Secret Santa of sorts - 12 anonymous presents inspired by the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas". Each present was accompanied by a hand-made little card featuring a poem written by me. Some of the presents were closely related to the song, some weren't - so poems were necessary to tie it all together!







They aren't terribly elaborate, but I was happy with how each one followed the same colour scheme and allowed the poem to take centre stage. Stupidly I forgot to note the name of the papers, so if anyone recognises them, please let me know.

It was a great deal of fun and I have written a post about the project which you can read on my other blog here. There you will find the entire story, and photos of all twelve cards. For this crafty blog, I thought I would just show you the ones where the cards looked best.

I am entering into the following challenges:

C.R.A.F.T - Anything Goes
Crafting for all Seasons - Anything But a Card
Divas by Design - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - Anything Christmas
Catch The Bug - Your Favourite Christmas Song

Ah, it's nice to be back.  I hope you enjoyed my first crafty project in a while. Remember to head to The Squirrel & The Fox for the Anything Goes challenge. The team have done a fantastic job with their DT inspiration for you.

Hopefully I will see you again soon!

Tracey
x



13 comments:

Margaret said...

Did you hear me squeal like a little girl when I saw you posted?! I am so glad you popped in to share your creations!!
I'm not sure what I loved more, the fantastic gifts or the marvelously creative poetry that went with them!!
Hope you are doing well and survived the festivities of the holidays!!

Melissa S. said...

Such a wonderful project. Perfect for our challenge over at Bugaboo this month. So glad you joined us. Happy New Year.

Dawn said...

What a super idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting For All Seasons this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Heather said...

What a great idea and super creative with the poems. I wish I had half that creativity in my brain! : ) Cards don't have to be elaborate to make the recipient feel special and I'm sure these gifts definitely did that! Thanks for sharing at CHNC2.

Rebecca said...

WOW! Tracey this is such an amazing idea! The poetry was such a creative idea and the whole thing is just awesome! Just to let you know im doing a candy on my blog and would love you to enter!

Lots of Love Rebecca xx

La Papera Gialla said...

Great project!
Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week!
Monica - DT

Jodie Mackrell said...

wonderful projects! thanks for joining us at catch the bug!

Tammy Miller said...

What a great project, very cute!! We appreciate you taking the time to join our Challenge at CTB!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering this lovely project for my CHNC challenge extra for January - hope to see you again soon x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful project. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for All Seasons and may I wish you good luck. Love Alison xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful project. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for All Seasons and may I wish you good luck. Love Alison xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous project...Thanks for playing along with us at Divas by Design.
Wendy xx

Gail said...

Tracey, I cannot find a way to contact you on the Squirrel and the Fox website; I don't see any e-mail address listed anywhere. Can you please tell me if you plan on posting the winners for Challenge 73 and 74 on the Squirrel and the Fox? It's beena a while now and I see you posted the winners of Challenge 75 but can't find the winner posting for 73 and 74. Thanks. --Gail. gailannelass@yahoo.com