Sunday, January 8, 2012

Something Old, Something New

Ever had one of those card making experiences where you seem to do nothing but push paper and cardstock around waiting for inspiration to strike... and it continues to allude you?

I had one of those days yesterday, trying to make a card for the friend of a friend. The brief was simple - something with a dog or a cat and nothing over the top girly. Finally, after a lot of umming and ahhing, trying all sorts of combinations... result!


The image is Wild Rose Studio's Toby With Roses and he is coloured with copics. The background DP and green DP are both from my new "Homemade Collection" from Kaisercraft, the script paper is from Kaisercraft's Timeless Collection. The lace is once again from the old lace I rescued from my grandmother's house and the pearls and metal paperclip embellishments are from my stash. Everything was distressed and inked up with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Antique Linen.

After all that angst, I think it's one of the nicest cards I've made. :)

Entered into the following challenges:
Jellypark Challenges - Something old & something new
Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog - Sentiment + use your scraps
Shelly's Images - Out with the old & In with the new
Card Makin' Mamas - Happy NEW Year
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Something old & something new

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Tracey
x

11 comments:

Darlene said...

ADORABLE creation! Love the lace and your overall design is perfect to showcase this sweet image!
Thanks so much for joining our "Out with the Old, In with the New" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!

Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh I love this, he's too sweet! Thanks for joining us at Jellypark! :)

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Great card Tracey! I'm sure it will be very well received. Helen x

inkydoodlecrafts said...

I just adore this card, the image is so cute and you've coloured it to perfection. Thank you for sharing it with us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

Jennifer Scull said...

I feel that way all the time, but it never turns out THIS cute! love your card!
thank you for joining us at Jellypark Friends for our 'old year/new year' challenge. :)

Jen Leeflang said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at our Digistamps 4 Joy Something old, Something new - Anything Goes" challenge.
luv'n'huggz
Jen Leeflang
DS4J DT Lead

Jen Leeflang said...

I love the cuteness of this!
Thanks for joining our challenge at Shelly's Images - I can't wait to see what you create for our next challenge!
luv'n'huggz
Jen Leeflang
Shelly's Images DT

Mandy said...

Hi Tracey,
Happy New Year,I've finally got here...I had to laugh about your comment re- the header,there you go two great foxy minds think a like,perhaps we should have been naughty and gone the same to confuse everyone...lol....Your card is gorgeous I'm sure it was perfect for the recipient...Take care....Oh how's Loki???,everytime I still think how handsome he is...
Mandy x

Unknown said...

Congratulations Tracey! You are our Gold Medal winner this week at Shelly's Images. Please visit theBLOG for all the details on your win.

Ruthie said...

Great Project - one of my faves!

Thanks so much for joining in the challenge over at Aud Sentiments

Rx

Sara said...

awww, he's so cute! Thanks for playing along with CMM!