Sunday, December 11, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

No, your eyes do not deceive you lovely followers - I really am posting two cards in one day. All week I have been singing the Christmas Carol "Oh Christmas Tree" and seeing I'm not putting my tree up this year this is the next best thing.

It's been a very stressful weekend, for my husband's grandfather is critically ill and expected to pass away within days. Yesterday we spent the day by his bedside. He said his goodbyes to us all, telling me to look after his Grandson. It was one of the most heart wrenching things I have ever had to experience.

Today I wanted to do nothing more taxing than to colour in, glue things to other things and to play with paper. My husband is doing similar mind-numbing activities, he is esconced in front of his X-box.

I created this card after seeing a design using a freebie image from Bird's Cards many months ago. You can find the digi & the button idea here. I then forgot all about it until Shaz did a similar creation.



This card will be for my grandmother, as it uses both buttons and lace that were salvaged from her house before it was sold recently.

The DP is a lovely soft green but hasn't shown up as well as I would have liked in the photo. I used my Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder for the white card. I have added silver and white ribbon, as well as the white lace for embellishments. The 'ornaments' are both buttons and pearl stick ons. The sentiment was a freebie but I have lost the details of where I got it.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Little Miss Muffet Challenge - Buttons & Ribbons
The Paper Variety - Inspired by a Chrsitmas song.


Until next time,
Tracey


5 comments:

Amanda said...

Tracey
My family have been in a similar situation this week and it is so nice that crafting can take you away from your worries, even if just for a few moments.
Thank you for sharing the link to Bird's crafts - your card is lovely.

Amanda

Jacq said...

Hi Tracey,
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your husbands grandfather...its good to loose yourself in crafting, it helped me when my Dad died suddenly 2 years ago. Sending you hugs and thinking of you and yours at this time.
Beautiful card Tracey, so elegant. Love the lace, and the embossed panel looks gorgeous. Fabulous card.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Lisa Minckler said...

Tracey,
Your card is truly gorgeous. It takes its beauty to a whole new level once you know that it's created from keepsakes of a loved one. That is genuinely special. It's a wonderful design and I'm glad that it helped occupy your worried mind for a bit.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family for what you're going through right now.
Sincerest wishes of peace and understanding go out to you.
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Unknown said...

I love your card, so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenge, Good Luck! Hugs! Leah Ann

Arabella said...

This is such a beautiful card! Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time! I hope the crafting helped take your mind off things a bit.

Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!

Arabella